Saturday, January 18, 2014

Gentle Breezes Pt. one

Today Madre & I left  home & headed to beautiful Wimberley, Texas.  We decided to go bed & breakfast route instead of hotel, because we really wanted to just getaway and relax.

To say that I am glad that we chose a B&B is an understatement.  This place is absolutely beautiful.  It's a cute one bedroom, one bath (with a HUGE jacuzzi tub!!!), full kitchen, living rom, an amazing porch, and a large yard.  In fact, I believe the owner said it is on over 100 acres.

We arrived this afternoon, just after 3pm, checked out the house, and went to the store for dinner necessities. When we back, I grilled steaks (my first time ever grilling!!! Thanks to Stephen for talking me through how to set up the charcoal and all that!), made baked potatoes, and snacked on some homemade guac! Basically, we're eating anything and everything this weekend...so much for my eating healthy this weekend!

While I was barbecuing, sunset happened, and WOWZA! Our God is an AMAZING ARTIST!







 a pretty little flower. :)

 These are the sconces they have out on their porch.  Isn't it the cutest?!?
These two guys are the goat dogs.  Their job is to make sure the goats stay where they are supposed to stay.  (They have a ton of goats).
This is Rudy, their friendly pet dog. He's the sweetest & makes me miss my Penny Sue. 
And this was my first ever grilled steak.  Half of it looked like this (perfect in my book). The other half was wayyy too done. Oh well, you live and learn. :)


Excited for tomorrow as we plan to hike around the property, take pictures of scenery (have I mentioned I LOVE my camera that my inlaws got me?), and explore Wimberley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment