Monday, August 26, 2013

Jesus Calling

A couple of months ago, I purchased the devotional, Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young.

Here's what Amazon has to say about Jesus Calling:
"Jesus Calling is a devotional filled with uniquely inspired treasures from heaven for every day of the year.  After many years of writing in her prayer journal, missionary Sarah Young decided to listen to God with pen in hand, writing down whatever she believed He was saying to her.  It was awkward at first, but gradually her journaling changed from monologue to dialogue.  She knew her writings were not inspired as Scripture is, but journaling helped her grow closer to God.  Others were blessed as she shared her writings, until people all over the world were using her messages.  They are written from Jesus' point of view, thus the title Jesus Calling.  It is Sarah's fervent prayer that our Savior may bless readers with His presence and His peace in ever deeper measure."


 I've only really read in it a handful of times, but today I really felt God telling me I needed to spend time with Him.  I grabbed the bible study I'm currently doing, and then felt God saying to grab my copy of Jesus Calling.  I headed to Sbucks, grabbed some breakfast and a chai latte and settled in to spend some time with the Lord.


What was written as today's Jesus Calling devotional was absolutely written for me.



Today I go to see the hematologist; last week my hcg levels went up and I was referred to Dr. Mahmood at the Cancer Center of South Texas. To say I am a bit nervous is an understatement.  After reading the devo, I felt peace.  He knows what's going to happen.  I can't change it by worrying or being nervous.  I have to trust in Him and know that He has me in the palm of His hand.


John 16:33: 
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart! I have overcome the world."



Psalm 105:4:
  "Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always."



John 14:27: 
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

No comments:

Post a Comment